Theatre Practitioner (RN/ODP) – Full & Part time positions Nationwide – Industry Leading.
Due to expansion, exciting opportunities exist for Theatre Practitioners with ACES.
ACES is a pioneering independent provider of NHS ophthalmic care in the community and one of the first centres nationally to take innovative fast track cataract surgery out of a hospital setting. Delivering the highest standard of clinical eye care with expert consultant ophthalmologists putting patient care at the heart of everything we do.
With NHS waiting lists for cataracts surgery growing at an alarming rate, ACES offer patients an alternative option, providing them with life changing surgery cataract surgery in as little as four weeks. We are enormously proud to be able to provide our patients with immediate care and support the NHS.
We’ve been providing NHS eye care in the East of England since 2007 and will be expanding this year across the UK. We provide a range of services including: cataract surgery, YAG laser treatment, glaucoma treatment, oculoplastics and general ophthalmology.
With patient care our priority, ACES are committed to providing exceptional and timely community emergency and routine ophthalmology outpatient services. With the latest in ophthalmic technology, we are able to consistently provide excellent clinical outcomes for all of our patients, giving them their best possible quality of life.
The main objectives of our services are to:
- Reduce waiting times for patients with eye conditions.
- Deliver exceptional care without the requirement for a hospital stay.
- Have a positive impact on patients’ lives.
- Provide care closer to home for the patient in line with DoH guidelines.
- Reduce overall waiting times in the health economy.
- Create additional capacity in secondary care.
- Aim to provide a fast and efficient patient focused pathway in collaboration with patient representatives and primary care professionals.
- Use new technologies and the latest equipment, maintain the highest levels of care at the cutting edge of ophthalmology.
Currently, tens of thousands of patients across the United Kingdom are on NHS waiting lists for essential eye care procedures, such as cataract surgery. The longer these patients go without surgery, the more likely it is that their eyesight will further deteriorate, or that they will experience an adverse event due to their poor vision.
At ACES, our mission is to ensure all patients are given a choice when it comes to their eye care. Obtaining access to ACES allows patients to have treatment quicker and allows them to live their lives to the fullest immediately.
This is a practical ‘hands on’ role with varied responsibilities including:
- Scrub assistant
- Anaesthetic assistant
- Pre-operative assessments
- Prepare the patient for their Cataract treatment and undertake pre-screening diagnostic duties.
- Discharge patients with after-care advice and medications
What’s in it for you?
- No night shift or on-call
- Modern working environment
- Competitive Salary